Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Major Letdown, A Score, And A Rebound

So way back in December I found the perfect fabric online that launched the color scheme for my bedroom makeover.
Ain't she pretty?  Best part was that it was on sale for $6.95/yd!!!  I was so super duper excited when the sample came in the mail that I set about getting the walls done before Christmas and figured I would order the fabric right after the New Year.  Mistake.  Anyway, we installed (our version of) board and batten on the bottom 2/3 of the wall and then I chose this glorious blue pulled from the fabric and painted the top 1/3.
 
Everything was coming together beautifully.  Well FINALLY on Friday I decided to order the fabric.  I go to Interiormall.com to place my order and find letdown number 1.  It was no longer on sale.  Yeah, I know, I couldn't expect the sale to last forever.  My bad.  Not so big a deal though.  The regular price was $9.00/yd and I'm only ordering 10 yds so it was only $20 more.  I happily go about placing my order and sit down to start sketching out the design for my curtains (I'm also using another fabric that I bought 2 years ago on sale at Hancock's for $5.00 yd).  Well about 2 hours later I get a phone call with letdown number 2 from Interiormall.com that this fabric has been discontinued.  Do what?  NOOOOOOO!!!!!!  I was livid to say the least.  What really gets me is that this fabric is STILL listed on their site.  Grrrr....

Here's where the score comes in.  When I got the call I happened to be at Target getting some things for my kids bathroom that we just redid and for my LMSS's room that I'm also working on.  I go down the curtain aisle and what do I see?  The very rod that I had seen online and it was the only one on the aisle on clearance.  1/2 off!  I definitely don't mind shelling out $17 for a rod, especially when the ones I normally sell to my clients usually START around $300.  I had everything I had come for and was on my way to check out when the sign caught my eye.  LIGHTING.  Dare I?  What the heck.  Doesn't hurt to look, right?  I turn down the aisle and there it is.  Them.  The ones.  They were (almost) perfect. I've been desperate to find 2 gourd lamps for our night stands that I don't have to mortgage my house to pay for.  Not an easy task I tell you.  These gourd(ish) beauties:
were 1/2 off their already awesome price of $30/ea and the shades were 1/2 off, which means I paid a grand total of $45 for these delicious lamps.  I know, they're different colors (neither of which is what I was going for), but I.DO.NOT.CARE!  Nothing a little spray paint won't take care of:o)

Now onto the rebound...and then I promise to be done with this seriously uncalled for long post.  Last night when the hubs and I got home from our date, he told me I should see if I couldn't find the fabric on another site.  I had looked for it before to see if I could find it cheaper than the sale price with no luck.  But I looked again and ended up finding it at warehousefabricsinc.com.  Woo to the hoo!  Now, it was $1.00 more per yard, but the shipping was half what it was at interiormall.com so it ended up being a wash.  Yay!  Now it looks like I've got some sewing and painting to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment