Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yeah, I'm A List Maker

The list is long...very very very long. I'm not fooling myself into believing that all of this will get done this year, but I am hoping to put a major dent in it. It feels like we're moving along at a snails place, but we really have accomplished quite a bit considering we started just before Christmas. So here goes the longest and most boring (to everyone but me) post in all blog history:

Master Bedroom:
Board & Baten treatment...check
Paint...check
Find a new (to me) nighstand...check
Sew runner for top of armoire...check
Sew curtains, duvet cover, pillows
Lamps
Refinish both nightstands
Rug
Chair, table, and lamp for corner
Paint some art for the walls
Accessorize

Entry/Living Room:
Build coat rack/shelves/storage bench for entry
Built-in bookshelves around fireplace
Paint
Sew new curtains
Slipcover chairs
New sofa (or slipcover old one?)
Find game table and 2 chairs
Unique coffee table
Paint side tables and sofa table

Office:
Refinish dresser
Sew new curtains
Replace love seat with chair
Paint chandelier

1/2 Bath:
Paint

Laundry Room:
Tear out closet and replace with cabinetry

Kitchen (happening this year in my dreams):
Close in door and replace window with french doors
Tear out half wall
Reface cabinetry
New counters and sink
Build (or get super lucky at a thrift store) farmhouse table
Build new shelving for pantry (using these AMAZING lazy susan's from the Decor Chick's daddy! (I have GOT to sit down and figure out how to do all the links and stuff)

Upstairs:
New flooring for hallway, kids rooms, and sewing room

Kids Bathroom:
Paint...check
Paint cabinets...check
Add crown...check
Build shelves and towel rack...check
Build frame for mirror...check
Lighting...check
Add fabric to bottom of shower curtain
Paint artwork

Max's Room:
Paint...check
Paint bookshelves...almost check:o)
Sew curtains, duvet cover, pillows
Add my lamps (redone) once we find some for our room
"Rebuild" wall unit
Lighting

Sewing Room:
Slipcover love seat from office
Clean out and organize closet
Buy (or build) table for serger and tabletop sewing machine
New shelving
Sew curtains

Savannah's Room:
We'll think about that next year since hers was done less than 2 years ago!

So there it is. I'm sure there's many things I've forgotten, but I'm trying to be smart and write them down as they come to me. I said it was long...can't call me a liar. I didn't even include the plans we have for the Master Bath either, and that will actually probably get done even before some of these other things. Even I'm bored now though! I'll definitely be spending time this weekend working on learning the whole picture, video, linky stuff. It can't be THAT hard, right? Right?

Oh before I go, I'm so excited that I actually won TWO blog giveaways in the last month. I won a bunch of different Elmer's Glue products to try out (I believe that was from Roeshel at The DIY Showoff) and just today I won some ScotchBlue tape from Jane at Finding Fabulous. So even though I have no clue how to link to these blogs, I thank them just the same. Obviously from this list I've written these winnings will be put to good use!!! And if anyone out there is reading and wants to tell me how to do some of this bloggy stuff, I'll be your BFF and hug your neck!!!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment